The best luxury online shops
Here are my 3 favorite websites and why!
Online shopping is growing more than ever, but in the vast jungle of digital offers, a few websites stand out from the crowd. In this post, I will share with you my 3 favorite fashion platforms where I shop regularly.
Though I truly miss strolling around in the physical stores, I must admit it’s quite cozy to browse the sales in pajamas with a cappuccino in bed.
Online shopping has never been easier and the offers are plenty – and sometimes almost too good to be true. Especially at the websites listed below, which you should bookmark right now if you’re a fashion lover.
Based in Munich, Germany for over 30 years, Mytheresa is one of the leading webshops in terms of luxury fashion for women, men, and kids.
What I love about Mytheresa:
- They have the best of the best designers! Over 200 brands, from Alexander McQueen to Valentino, including more affordable names like Isabel Marant or Acne Studio.
- Their catalogue is impressive! It’s impossible not to find what you are looking for – they publish 600 new arrivals every week.
- Great sales and promotions all year long.
- Unique Partnerships with selected luxury designers offering exclusive pieces you won’t find anywhere else!
- Swift and easy shopping experience through their own smartphone app.
- The shipping is fast (about 48h) to more than 133 countries across the globe (DHL or UPS) and is often for free.
- The return procedure is fast, free, and easy.
I only regret:
They don’t offer any beauty range (at least not yet), and no loyalty program like some of the competition has.
Luisaviaroma’s story started in 1929 with a hat store in Florence, Italy. Today, it stands at the top of the online luxury fashion world!
It is actually my number 1 go-to webshop.
What I love about Luisaviaroma:
- The primary reason is their loyalty program “Luisaviaroma Privilege”. Being a member of the club (for free by the way) is not only giving you exclusive acces to private sales. The points you are collecting are worth great rewards, vouchers and luxury experiences!
- They have the best designers, over 600 brands, for women, men, kids, beauty and home! They even have their own LuisaViaRoma collection.
- Their sales and promotions are crazy good, up to 80% sometimes!!
- They have an app available for your smartphone.
- The shipping is cheap and fast (about 48h) and to over 200 countries across the globe (DHL or UPS) in a nice black box.
- The return procedure is fast, free and easy.
I only regret:
Fendi is one of my favorite brands, and it looks like Luisaviaroma is not working with this brand anymore.
Another leading luxury fashion platform i love to order from. Launched in 2008, Farfetch represents nearly 1300 brands today!
What I love about Farfetch:
- Probably the best and easiest return system in the world! You don’t need to call UPS yourself or drive to a DHL access point. Only a click on your online order and the courier is already on his way. Thank you Farfetch – that’s how we like it!
- The loyalty program is great (not as good as Luisaviaroma though) and gives you access to early sales and privileges like free shipping.
- They have soooo many brands! That fact alone makes Farfetch a great choice for pretty much everyone.
- Their sales and promotions are almost always very good. They also have pre-owned luxury items for the vintage lovers (however, I often find it a bit expensive).
- They have an app available, which works really well.
- The shipping is fast (about 48h).
I only regret:
The shipping, it can be quite expensive. I recently paid 40 euros for a delivery in Luxembourg, and there were no other options available.
Prices can be a bit confusing. Changing the size of a piece can impact the price. This is due to market availability and the geographic location of the boutique shipping the item.
Online shopping is not only a way to cheer me up when I’m feeling blue. I would argue it has become my favorite way of shopping (especially when hunting for treasures like limited items or vintage pieces).
There are of course many other great webshops and platforms out there, but so far I’m spending the majority of my online shopping time at Mytheresa, Luisaviaroma and Farfetch. If you didn’t know about these sites, I would love to hear your thoughts once you’ve tried them out.
Thank you for reading and happy hunting.
The best luxury second hand shopping!November 2021I already wrote about my favorite luxury shoe brands , bags and online shopping websites but I never dedicated an article to one of my favorite ways of shopping, the second hand online shops! Primarily for budget...
Top 50 luxury hotel brandsThis is it - the holy grail of hotels, and the ultimate bucket list for luxury travelers.October 2021Before you continue: bookmark this page because you’ll want to come back here! In this article, you will find the most comprehensive list of...
My 5 favorite fashion trends of Fall 2021!September 2021Want to look trendy, but haven't had the time to study the latest news from the fashion world? In this short blog post, I've listed 5 of my favorite fashion trends, that you'll see during Fall '21.1. KnitwearThe...
My 5 favorite luxury bag brands!August 2021In a previous article, I shared my 5 favorite luxury shoe brands and I realized it was a very interesting topic for a lot of you fashion addicts out there! But what is equally as important as our favorite shoes? Our favorite...
TWENTY SEVEN Amsterdam reviewThe ultra luxurious Rooftop Stage SuiteJune 2021There's luxury and there's ultra-luxury! Rarely is the latter affordable for the broader society. However, at the fabulous TwentySeven hotel in Amsterdam, you can feel like royalty for an...
the 5 best swimsuit trends of summer 2021May 2021Finally! Bikinis and swimsuits are back in the shop windows and in our favorite magazine editorials! For the ladies who are still hesitating about their next beachwear purchase, let's look at the 5 best trends we will...